Breakfast Muffins


Breakfast Muffins, originally uploaded by soja.
I don't usually have sweet stuff for breakfast, but have been eating up the pineapple cake with coffee and felt like continuing to have a change from toast and marmite. And I think with the heat I am craving sweeter things.

The recipe was slightly adapted from "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. I couldn't find oat bran so used wheat bran, corn oil instead of canola, and some almonds instead of walnuts. Half filled with strawberry jam, and half with ciruela (plum) jam, but as they are ripe green plums, I think maybe they are what I'd call greengages. Because I don't usually eat jam either, yet have three jars of it in the fridge,  I wanted to use some of it up, I like having the splodge of jam in the middle.

N.B. Recipe made 12 not especially big muffins, not 16 as stated in book.

Cooler today, 32º, well I guess it's all relative after 40º yesterday it seems cooler, and the wind is fresher, so our walks today have been much more pleasant, and it wasn't too bad having the oven on to bake these. Now, I had better eat up that split muffin with a cup of strong black coffee....

Comments