Cake

Pineapple Ginger Upside-down Cake, this isn't burnt, I used a caramel type syrup for the top/bottom as I didn't have any golden syrup or stem ginger to use instead. It was the closest thing I could find here.
The recipe is adapted from one in "The Vegan Cook Book" by Nicola Graimes. I prefer the look of rings of pineapple instead of chunks, no stem ginger and I had no self-raising flour so used plain flour adding in 21/4 tspn extra baking powder, 1 tspn salt and 1/2 tspn baking soda. (N.B. to convert plain flour to self-raising, for every cup of flour add: 1 tspn baking powder, 1/2 tspn salt, 1/4 tspn baking soda). 
The recipe says to use an 8" round pan, I used a lined 7.5" pan and it rose and rose right over the tin, so next time I should use a bigger one. Taste is good, ginger just right and moist without being stodgy. Good with strong black coffee.

Comments