Paper and card

Hmm, having problems uploading to flickr. Anyway, to remind myself what I've been doing. Playing with black silhouettes on white card. I've made a birthday card and this anniversary card, and am playing with some different shapes, birds, fish etc. hand cut from black sugar paper. The coloured punched out hearts are cut from plain origami paper, silver kitchen foil and pink foil from chocolate wrappers. I've added coloured leaves to black birds and colourful seaweed to fish silhouettes.

The rubber stamps I picked up at Lidl yesterday, I wasn't sure how well they would print, but the alphabet is fairly clear and crisp. Eighty-six stamps for €3.49 was worth the risk. I'm not sure if I'll use them for stamping exactly, but the letters are a good size for applique and it saves me a little time, not drawing my own letters, and I'm wondering if I can use the animals as embroidery guides...maybe. And now I have blue fingers. ;-) I wonder if I could use them to stamp on fabric with fabric ink?

Comments