I've been busy!


I've been busy!, originally uploaded by soja.

What else to do when it's too hot to sleep and you end up deciding it's better just to get out of bed, make some coffee, start the day, watch the dawn and have a siesta later? Well, cutting fabric is quiet, bibs and rectangular pouches are easy to cut out, and by the time things are pinned together, the toast has been eaten and the coffee drunk, it's not too early to start the sewing machine. The patterns for both are from Amy Karol's beautiful and inspiring book, "Bend the Rules Sewing".  Hey, and notice the use of the handmade bias tape. ;-)  These would have been quicker to make if my machine hadn't had tension problems, maybe because of the variety of thicknesses of the fabrics, from thin printed cotton (the white and pink fabrics) and the much thicker, almost furnishing thickness fabrics (everything else). And I decided making things in bulk was the way to go for gratification, less changing  of thread colours, and I could do things in batches, all the pressing together, all the turning right-side out, all the zips... I also made some matching little birds from Joelle Hoverson's very different but equally beautiful "Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts". I just need to stuff and hand stitch the openings on them. Course this all happened yesterday, which meant that I really over slept today, making up for a nights lost sleep. Well, I suppose it all balances out in the end. Much like many things in life. And balance is a good thing. Though maybe that depends what's being balanced.

Comments