New feet

Picked up two parcels on Tuesday morning, unfortunately neither were the fabric I am waiting for. The first were a couple of craft punches, the second was two new presser feet and some stabiliser from Jaycotts. A pintuck foot, for making 2mm pintucks with a double needle, and a foot for free-motion embroidery. It's good trying something new and different. I love the look of pintucks, anything really that adds texture and interest to otherwise plain fabric. I tried it on some light cotton and I got ridges rather than pintucks, then I tried it with some really light cotton and I did get rows of even pintucks. Hmm, I tend to use heavier fabric, it's what I can get, ... but I'll still find some uses for that. The free motion foot made an immediate difference - I can see why it is essential for the free-motion quilting now, no need for a ring to hold the fabric, it's going to take quite a bit of practise to get pretty shapes, but it's good to have the option.

Anyway, this was really fast service from Jaycotts this time, I guess because the parcel was lighter they didn't have to contact me with the postage costs - they didn't charge any more for shipping to Spain - great. The double needles are 2mm organ needles, purchased ages ago in anticipation from an ebay shop. 

Comments