Monday, 11 August 2008

New hat!

Terrible pictures, but it's hard to take a picture of a hat on my head and Lucky didn't feel like obliging by either wearing the hat or taking the picture...

Anyway, I'm really pleased with this (despite slightly wobbly top stitching). The fit is great, I made it just slightly, slightly smaller, maybe by 1/8" all round as I know I have a pin head. The brim is not too floppy and no puckers. I made the hat reversible, one of the suggestions in the tutorial. The fabric is thick, 100% cotton from Ikea.

The great tutorial and pattern is provided very kindly, and for free, at: http://h1.ripway.com/buckethat/buckethat.pdf I can't see the name of the provider anywhere, but thanks to them very much. 

2 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! I ended us making watermelon granita inspired by your comment.
It looks like we have been making a lot of the same stuff lately. And now I'm totally going to make this hat.

Soja said...

Sounds delicious! So hot here, granita would be great right now, the hat turned out well, but it's too hot to wear it. I'll look forward to seeing yours. ;-)