Our walk




Across the road, round the side of the old (not in use) bull-ring, turn left, a quick run in a loop in delight at the feel of grass under your paws and a sniff of the palm trees. Then a walk along the river, phew, fortunately not too smelly today.  Meandering from tree to tree, stopping here and there, cool grass and warm sun. Noticing how well Lucky is camouflaged  in the speckled light filtered through the leaves above. Amongst all this green being reminded by the sprinklers embedded in the earth and the graffiti sprayed on the walls that we are living in a city, all be it a small one. An urban dog and urban art. 

Too hot on the paws for our normal walk, so a little play on the stretch of rough grass the other side of the football stadium, chewing up some blades - what has he been eating? And then home for more coffee and more plans while it's still summer and there is still time for this slower pace, still time to idle way the day planning and thinking. Maybe with a purpose, and maybe not. Ah well, as the poem goes, "What is this life, if full of care, we have no time to stop and stare?..."

Comments

Leopold Bloom said…
I don't know if you are spanish. I prefer talking spanish but there isn´t any problem. My musical preferences are very similar to yours. Shake some action!! It´s a great blog See you later
Soja said…
Hi there Leopold, interesting blog you've got going there too! I'm English living in Spain and speak Spanish badly, to my shame. I love most of James Joyce...but, like most people I think, I still haven't managed to finish Ulysses....