New project - Blackwork


New project, originally uploaded by soja.

I've wanted to start this for years. I've completed several different types of samplers in the past, maybe even started one or two more, but never a blackwork sampler.

was really taken with this design, based on a really 1970s looking tree and weird fruit and birds. The original design is from my old Collins Complete Book of Needlecraft (1978,1981). I've changed the shape of the tree just a little and I'll get some technique help from The Complete Book of Needlecrafts introduced by Caroline Ollard (1983,1984).

I'm going to work the design on mulberry coloured Belfast linen (32 counts per inch) in black cotton. The linen is a much brighter colour than I had realised when I saw it on my mac on ebay, but no matter, I think it'll be fine.

This project should keep me busy for quite a while, I don't plan to rush it or work on it exclusively.

Comments