Sunday, 15 March 2009

Bend the Rules Swap Bag - done!

Finished! All I have to do is get some crafty stuff to go with it, and I know where I'm going to get that tomorrow.

I made a couple of changes to the original instructions. I used a layer of fleece, instead of brushed cotton, to give the bag a bit more shape. I added pockets to the interior and made the handle casings like patch pockets as my lining fabric was quite thin.

I elongated the handles by a few inches and made them up as tubes, rather than topstitched strips. I then cut and stretched a piece of fleece to make it roll up and threaded it through the handles to stuff them. I gathered the handle tubes up a bit over the fleece to make them wrinkly.

Instead of adding a ribbon around the bag iIappliqued and embroidered the front with some flowers and added buttons. I machine embroidered some wavy green lines across the back of the bag.

I added a ribbon tie to help keep the bag closed and made a matching zipper pouch to go with it. I hope my partner likes it! I should get it sent off early this week.... then just got to get 140+ school reports written in Spanish - eek!

6 comments:

bakeandsew said...

I love the flowers and embroidery - really pretty

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I'm sure your partner is going to love it! It's really cute!

Soja said...

Thanks! Fingers crossed.

Miss Behave said...

I love the flowers! Totally fits the style of the bag

gmistudio said...

your bag is beautiful , I also have my bag ready to send, i just need to take some pic and be ready to go!

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.