WIP for BTRS Swap


WIP for BTRS Swap, originally uploaded by soja.

This is going to be a panel on a cushion cover for the Bend The Rules Sewing Swap. I really like it, I think it'll be hard to part with, and heavy to send - oops!

I sewed up the backing squares by machine, then the rest is hand sewn - these are 'cathedral window' blocks. The backing fabric is linen and the print is by Amy Butler.

My partners words were "earthy, eclectic and texture".

I think this fits that. The second cover will be the same fabric, but a different technique for the panel. I hope she likes it. I have been stalking her blog and flickr looking for hints as to what she likes.

I think maybe cushions are bigger in the states - an 18" square, the size we must make, is huge!!! The cushions on my sofa are more like 12". Bye bye favourite linen. :-)

Comments

RosaMarĂ­a said…
hermoso! i love cathedral windows!! you choosed beautiful fabrics!
molly said…
wow. amazing!