New lucky pencil case


Pencil case detail, originally uploaded by soja.

Made for an interview, for luck. Hmm, interview was mid-February, in England. Logistics, and, oh, six weeks ago... Which means Dad has been sick for six weeks. He saved the day by coming over to dog and cat sit so that I could go, and then had to put up with the coldest wettest ten days we had had for a long time. The whole thing was a bit long and involved a lot of waiting, but in the end I got what I wanted, so I guess that the pencil case was lucky. Anyway, partly why it has been quiet here, lots of preparation to do and things to work out.

No pattern, I made it up as I went along. I fused the beautiful outer material, sent by the kind and generous Melanie, to some interfacing I had around, and also used a decor weight fabric from Ikea as lining. I used the invisible zip as I had it and liked the colour and tab, but purposely made sure it wasn't invisible, I wanted the grey stripe.

It was good to have some homemade/handmade beside me for the whole process.

Comments

Genie said…
Very pretty! Glad the stuff in England went well! (Hope your dad is better by now!)