April - Euro Bee blocks for Muriel

I loved making these! They are wonky quarter log cabins. We followed the very clear, friendly tutorial by Quilt Dad on his blog.

The fabric is a mixture, all a lovely weight and rich colours. Muriel bought the bird fabric locally in the Netherlands, and I recognise the Kaffe Fassett print (all the circles/splodges) as I have some in blue. I love it! She sent us strips, making it very easy for us to cut up.

I really enjoyed the mixture of being able to make it up as a went along, balanced with thinking ahead to make sure that I was balancing out the block and ending with a wide enough strip around the edge.

I felt so enthused to make more blocks that I used a mini roll that I had and made up another four blocks for myself to make a mini quilt - I'm quilting it now - photos to follow...

Comments

MuriĆ«l said…
I'm really glad you had fun with them!