Alabama Stich book (based) skirt



Alabama Stich book (based) skirt, originally uploaded by soja.

Finished this a week (or so) ago, been wanting to blog, but couldn't get a good picture. This doesn't really show enough of the skirt. :-)

I love it, very comfortable. Not sure about the fit, might just be me. I can definitely imagine making another one though.

I made a few changes to the book method. I drew out my own design and used the gocco to print the fabric, as mentioned before. I used my machine and a triple stitch to sew the panels together - I made the almost fell-stitched seams, as described in the book and got some matching blue foe elastic for the waist. This is the medium size.



Comments

Genie said…
It's so pretty! Congratulations, it's wonderful. :) I hope you enjoy it over the summer, it looks like excellent warm weather wear!