Got to make something for the most important member of the family!


New collar, originally uploaded by soja.

I've been wanting to make Lucky a collar ever since I saw the one in Amy Karol's "Bend the Rules Sewing" book. In the end I based this on the one he already had that was getting worn.

I bought the plastic fixings (made for parachutes so they should be strong) from an Ebay seller, but thought that the metal d-rings looked a little thin, so recycled one from his too small puppy collar. The fabrics are from Ikea, the outer print is canvas weight, and the orange cotton is a scrap that I had quilted when I was practising free motion shapes.

He's great to sew for - he gets really excited, perhaps surprisingly, and was very keen for me to put this on him. I made him a matching lead too - he has a flexi lead for his walks in the day, but last thing at night I use a normal lead.

Comments