Star Wars Skirt!

A new favourite skirt! I just couldn't resist the fabric when I saw it  - I love Chewbacca and have enjoyed the new films with Rey. - and hey, they are piloting the Millennium Falcon! The fabric came from myfabrics.co.uk (Stars Wars – Chewbacca Cretonne – brown - but I bought it last year and don't think it is in stock any more - sorry to any fellow fans!) The sewing pattern is New Look 6106 for an A-line skirt with yoke pockets.



 And of course, I didn't follow the finishing instructions and went my own way! I underlined with brown polka dot quilting cotton and used bias binding to bind the seam allowances - often called a Hong Kong finish.


 A close up of the fabric. From a distance it looks quite inconspicuous, just a brown swirl, then as you get closer - there's Chewie!



Comments