Super bright monkey shirt!

Well, my nephew loves yellow and was born in the year of the monkey  - this is sewn from fabric left over from the quilt I made for him when he was born (it was the backing). I might see if I can find some pics of the little quilt and post more details later so that I have a record of it - I made up some monkey wrench blocks - again referencing the year of the monkey and also because an alternate name for the block is 'churn dash' which seemed fitting for a baby. 

The pattern for this shirt is based on a vintage Hawaiian pattern, so the vibrant print seemed almost justified! It is from Fiona Bell's book, 'Sewn with Love'. There are some lovely patterns in the book, and I picked it up at The Works for £1 a year or so ago. I changed the finish a little and had a little trouble printing the pattern at the correct size initially, but am pleased with the outcome. I am generally obsessed with seam finishes, so modify patterns accordingly. 


Another summer sewing project finished. We are meeting up tomorrow so I'm looking forward to seeming some modelled pictures soon!


Comments