Fun Christmas Tree Quilts

It's a little early, but I was sorting through some things in the loft, and with the Christmas decorations I saw this quilt. Again, I know I have a few hazy photos, so here goes. 

Being a fan of Amy at ‘The Diary of a Quilter’ blog I had admired her quilts and especially her Christmas Tree quilt for a long while. I decided to make a couple of Christmas quilts made up of Christmas Tree blocks. Amy has lots of information, free tutorials, a free pattern for a Christmas Tree quilt and an alternate pattern for a Christmas Tree quilt with different blocks forsale on her blog. You can see how she made her Christmas Tree blocks by watching Amy's great tutorial. 

I made my quilts and blocks different sizes for a couple of reasons. I wanted to get the most efficient number of blocks cut from FQs and to make the quilt interesting and easy to piece I wanted blocks of different widths and equal heights so that I could sew them in rows, but not have to match seams as I sewed the rows together. After a bit of scribbling and maths I came up with three different width blocks.

The material was sourced from several places, my stash, Frumble Fabrics , eBay sellers, I think Aldi and a couple of experimental pieces from AliExpress. The backing fabric is a 100% quilt cover from Ikea bought for the purpose.

I choose some fabric with a dog theme and some with a cat theme to represent the pets in the households - I used some of the dachshund fabric to make cushions for my mother and some in the quilt for my sister and a mixture of everything in a quilt for me. I was keen to make some busy quick to cut and piece quilts, partly so that I could have them done for Christmas and mostly so that I could use them to practice quilting with the secondhand quilting frame I had bought a couple of months earlier. It is a Grace wooden frame with a Janome 16000P, but that is a post for another day.


These were fun to piece and sew together. I quilted them with an overall squiggle, including the odd star here and there. My Mum and sister use them all year round. I’ll take a couple of photos of the cushions next time I visit Mum. I saved a few extra blocks to make a table runner and possibly a cushion for me, maybe I will get around to that this year!



Comments

Anonymous said…
من نحن؟
نحن موقع مبيعات الجراء المالطية عبر الإنترنت. جميع الجراء المالطية المسجلة على موقعنا مستنسخة وإعادة إنتاجها في الولايات المتحدة. يتم التعامل مع إجراء البيع بالكامل من قبلنا مع التأكد من أن الجراد نحن؟
نحن موقع مبيعات الجراء المالطية عبر الإنترنت. جميع الجراء المالطية المسجلة على موقعنا مستنسخة وإعادة إنتاجها في الولايات المتحدة. يتم التعامل مع إجراء البيع بالكامل من قبلنا مع التأكد من أن الجراء أصيلة ومطابقة جميع التصوير كما هو مسجل على موقعنا يعرف المزيد عن زيارة الولايات المتحدة ..

Shih Tzu الجراء للبيع بالقرب مني حاويات للبيع بالقرب مني