Roosevelt Cardigan

Well, there have been cardigans for my nephew and a teddy, this time, here is cardigan that I knitted for me. I suspect the I knit cardigans more than anything else, especially cardigans with interesting details in the design, pattern or construction. I think that I saw this pattern  - Roosevelt Cardigan by Amanda Scheuzger on Ravelry and instantly loved it  - the cables! the pockets! The saddle shoulders! it’s cardigan! in aran! The original pattern was published by Interweave Knits, Fall 2014 which I bought as a digital copy. Although I loved the pattern - and found it well written and constructed, I did modify it quite a bit. This is typical for me - I have the proportions of a neanderthal - long arms and torso - so at the very least, I always have to add in length and think about where the increases and decreases are going to go.


Firstly, the pattern has all the amazing rib and cables on the front, but a plain back. So I changed this to have a rib and cable all the way around the cardigan and put cables up the back. I modified the body and sleeves by adding some rows before the cable based on a favourite cardigan I had knitted years ago.


I also made the collar and button bands much wider as I had enough yarn and knew this would make the finished garment even warmer. I used the toggle buttons to help balance out the width of the button band.


Inspired by Susan, blogging at The Rainy Sisters, I also used an I-cord cast off on the fronts and neck before picking up for collar.


I expect that I made the arms and body longer too.


The yarn is Patons Uk Apollo Aran yarn - two balls of 800g.


I really love this cardigan - I wear it a lot and it is really warm and snuggly.

Comments

Anonymous said…
من نحن؟
نحن موقع مبيعات الجراء المالطية عبر الإنترنت. جميع الجراء المالطية المسجلة على موقعنا مستنسخة وإعادة إنتاجها في الولايات المتحدة. يتم التعامل مع إجراء البيع بالكامل من قبلنا مع التأكد من أن الجراد نحن؟
نحن موقع مبيعات الجراء المالطية عبر الإنترنت. جميع الجراء المالطية المسجلة على موقعنا مستنسخة وإعادة إنتاجها في الولايات المتحدة. يتم التعامل مع إجراء البيع بالكامل من قبلنا مع التأكد من أن الجراء أصيلة ومطابقة جميع التصوير كما هو مسجل على موقعنا يعرف المزيد عن زيارة الولايات المتحدة ..

Shih Tzu الجراء للبيع بالقرب مني حاويات للبيع بالقرب مني